Sunday, January 17, 2010

Science Fair Nightmare Part Deux

So we have our houses built...now to test the effects of water on them. In my tub? Sticks, rocks and dirt? UGH. So we place a big rubbermaid tub in the bathtub. and put the houses down in there...one at a time and turn the shower on.

The sticks lasted the required 10 minutes. The cob houses fell apart right away. So with the reins firmly planted in my son's hands, I go downstairs to start dinner. 30 minutes later, I call everyone down. My son, who got caught up reading, had the shower raining on the rock houses this entire time.

I can't wait to see my water bill. I actually dreamed of confronting the science teacher with a plumbing bill for unclogging my drain and awoke mad.

I made my sone pinky swear that I will have "editorial" input for next year's fair topic.

I'll post photos of this mess later.

No comments:

Post a Comment